It is true that God forgives you, but He forgives you when you repent
- Repenting has two parts, #1 Be truly sorry in your heart for your action against God and #2 to turn away from your sin. Think of it like doing a 180 and walking the other way.
of your sin and turn to Jesus Christ, knowing that He died to forgive your sins. Ask yourself, is that what I’ve done to receive forgiveness? If not, there’s no better time than now.
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.” Romans 3:23-24
“He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.” Acts 10:43
Truly mean it and call out to Jesus, confess to Him what you have done and that you want to turn from it. Ask Him for His forgiveness knowing that Jesus did die for your sins.
“If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:8-9
I want to address each thing you said and come up with something for you to try for one week. If you are willing to do it, I know the Lord will work in your heart!
- Music – I know this is a hard one for a lot of people, I typically listen to 88.1 K-Love or 100.7 The Fish when I have the radio on. I want to challenge you to listen only to 88.1 and 100.7 for a solid week starting today. Every time you want to listen to music, turn on K-Love or The Fish and just listen, I can guarantee God will speak to you through that.
- Cussing – I had a bit of trouble with this at one point too. I think the way I overcame this was identifying who I wanted to be and I realized that cussing was not part of that person. Ask yourself if you want those words to be part of who you are? For the next week be conscious and deliberate about not using those words. If you cuss on accident or it slips out, fix it out loud using a word that you know is respectful.
- Disobeying parents – This is very hard for me too. This week do everything your parents ask of you. If they ask you to do something and then ask you to do something else. Do it, every time. It’s annoying, I know it’s extremely annoying. But grit through for one week. If they notice a difference and ask, say, “Check out Deuteronomy 5:16”
- Living for Christ (this is the best part) – Every day this week I want to you read John 15:1-12. Every day. Think on it. It is beautiful, you’ll love it.
If you are willing to try these things and give God you problems He will work in you, that I know. I’ll be praying for God to really speak to you! Your Friend – Tyler J. Collins